The Best Bitcoin Exchanges and trading cryptocurrency sites
When it comes to finding the best bitcoin exchange things are not all that easy. Why is this so? Simply because many of the best sites to buy bitcoin are rather recently online. it means that they have had little to get the word out about their products and services. Most people coming to this page will be asking how to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrency online through a secure means. Well, here is a good starting point. Let’s see how.
First thing to consider when looking for the top cryptocurrency exchange is how safe are the website and server. This boils down to asking: is it a trustworthy exchange providing transparent data of coins in cold storage (more on this later) and are customers happy? It’s also good to lookout for which currency pairs are available: are you looking to trade bitcoin for USD, Euros, or other fiat currencies. The location usually gives an idea of what’s on offer. However, the largest cryptocurrency sites usually have many options for buying bitcoin with government issued currency and altcoins.
The sheer complexity of researching where to trade bitcoin led me to make this blog. Although you should always do your own research before investing, I hope this helps. Below is the table of the best exchanges to buy bitcoin online. If you are new to cryptocurrency exchanges then lookout for the ‘beginner-friendy’ column.
Secure exchanges that are trustworthy and have good user ratings will rank higher than their peers. Extra points are given for sites to buy bitcoin with paypal, as many users request this feature. Ranking preference is also given for sites to buy bitcoin with credit card. Check out each option on the following best cryptocurrency exchange list. Be sure to bookmark this page for future reference.
The Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Today there are a host of platforms to choose from, but not all exchanges are created equal. This list is based on user reviews as well as a host of other criteria such as user-friendliness, accessibility, fees, and security. Here are ten of the best crypto exchanges in no specific order.
*=for more than 4 bitcoin deposit you should varify your acount
How to buy bitcoin and altcoin using this list of exchanges?
Hopefully the list of bitcoin exchanges above will be of good use for how to trade bitcoins. Each outstanding site should have detailed instructions. From here, one can easily figure out how to buy bitcoin with credit card, paypal, cash, bank transfers. Once you have got some coins then it is a good idea to store them offline (not on an exchange). For “cold” vs “hot” storage options – check out the list of available wallets. When wanting buy or sell it is safer just to transfer in and out of your ‘cold’ wallet to the ‘hot’ online exchange. Remember that so long as an offline wallet’s keys have not been compromised, then those coins cannot be taken.
What is a cryptocurrency exchange?
Cryptocurrency exchanges are websites where you can buy, sell or exchange cryptocurrencies for other digital currency or traditional currency like US dollars or Euro. For those that want to trade professionally and have access to fancy trading tools, you will likely need to use an exchange that requires you to verify your ID and open an account. If you just want to make the occasional, straightforward trade, there are also platforms that you can use that do not require an account.
Types of cryptocurrencies exchanges
- Trading Platforms – These are websites that connect buyers and sellers and take a fee from each transaction.
- Direct Trading – These platforms offer direct person to person trading where individuals from different countries can exchange currency. Direct trading exchanges don’t have a fixed market price, instead, each seller sets their own exchange rate.
- Brokers – These are websites that anyone can visit to buy cryptocurrencies at a price set by the broker. Cryptocurrency brokers are similar to foreign exchange dealers.
What to look out for before joining an cryptocurrencies exchange and trading site
It’s important to do a little homework before you start trading. Here are a few things you should check before making your first trade.
- Reputation – The best way to find out about an exchange is to search through reviews from individual users and well-known industry websites. You can ask any questions you might have on forums like BitcoinTalk or Reddit.
- Fees – Most exchanges should have fee-related information on their websites. Before joining, make sure you understand deposit, transaction and withdrawal fees. Fees can differ substantially depending on the exchange you use.
- Payment Methods – What payment methods are available on the exchange? Credit & debit card? wire transfer? PayPal? If an exchange has limited payment options then it may not be convenient for you to use it. Remember that purchasing cryptocurrencies with a credit card will always require identity verification and come with a premium price as there is a higher risk of fraud and higher transaction and processing fees. Purchasing cryptocurrency via wire transfer will take significantly longer as it takes time for banks to process.
- Verification Requirements – The vast majority of the Bitcoin trading platforms both in the US and the UK require some sort of ID verification in order to make deposits & withdrawals. Some exchanges will allow you to remain anonymous. Although verification, which can take up to a few days, might seem like a pain, it protects the exchange against all kinds of scams and money laundering.
- Geographical Restrictions – Some specific user functions offered by exchanges are only accessible from certain countries. Make sure the exchange you want to join allows full access to all platform tools and functions in the country you currently live in.
- Exchange Rate – Different exchanges have different rates. You will be surprised how much you can save if you shop around. It’s not uncommon for rates to fluctuate up to 10% and even higher in some instances.